About 11 years ago, after I had our 2nd son, I began walking because it was the only exercise I could do with 2 babies (born within 13 months of each other). So I got a double stroller and went for it. This was in southern GA and IT WAS HOT. I knew something had to change because I didn’t want the boys in that heat.
So someone told me about Leslie Sansone’s DVD’s and I scoffed at them thinking they were only for old women. Welp, I ate my words because I finally gave in and used them nearly daily. I dropped 70 lbs! SEVENTY POUNDS!! I felt strong, healthy, was a good size for my height, and knew this was something I could maintain.
I was even featured on the back of one of her DVD’s. I still have it 9 years later.
Here are the main reasons why I love her workouts:
- She is a believer in Jesus and without coming out as preachy, she’s not ashamed to say so
- She is extremely encouraging and motivating without yelling or cursing at the screen
- She explains WHY she does the movements and what good it does for the body
- She offers something for EVERY SINGLE FITNESS LEVEL (truly!)
- She includes all different body shapes in her workouts
- She leaves me coming back for more
- I ALWAYS finish feeling better and more energized and NOT tired or exhausted
- She has a bazillion (ok maybe less) workouts to chose from that are very affordable
- Her reputation precedes her with 25 years experience
- You only need good shoes and a stretchy band (you can purchase this super cheap at Walmart or Target.
These are the DVD’s I’m currently using and I LOVE THEM!
I blogged recently (Click here–> I Quit!) about why I got sucked into other workouts but I will not do that again for several reasons but the main being that I KNOW I can do Leslie’s for life and that’s what I value most. I highly encourage you to check her out on YouTube and see if it’s something you may like. I promise you ANYONE can do these no matter the skill level and she encourages moves that helps build muscle tone which is wonderful for women, especially as we age! We gotta take care of those bones, y’all! Let me know what you think! As for me, I’m gonna go lace up my shoes and walk (indoors with A.C., of course).