Have you ever thought of writing your own blog? MANY people really want to, but either don’t know where to start, or they feel like they don’t have a lot to say. I felt exactly the same way. I started blogging about 12 years ago when I was pregnant with our son. I just wanted a way to document it all for myself. Back then, I used Xanga and it has since then been deleted most of my stuff (yes I sobbed for weeks). I was able to pull some of the old pics but not all.
Anywho, I kept blogging off and on during our crazy seasons in life simply wanting to be able to look back years later at all of the amazing things God’s done in our family. I never had any intentions of growing my readers but then I learned how valuable it is to have a relationship with y’all. I really love being able to interact and converse with people who stumble upon our true family stories. It gives me a sense of belonging knowing we aren’t alone in the hard things we experience. It’s also therapeutic for me, I get to create fun FREE printables (CLICK HERE to check them out), I get to share stories/tutorials and much more. It’s so much fun for me!
I’ve heard from SO many of you that really want to start a blog but you feel intimidated about your knowledge. Been. There. I promise you there’s enough space on the internet for EVERYONE and people really do want to read what you have to say. If you have passion for adoption, budgeting, homeschooling, teaching, crafting, DIY projects, cooking, or any other topic, you should write about it! There are people out there that would love to read what you have to say.
- When I decided to really go for this, Adam and I had already purchased our own domain space from GoDaddy.com ($10 per month). It’s really ideal and comes with your own email instead of having to use gmail or yahoo. YAY for NO SPAM! We named it cadovius.com so when it was time to pick a blog name, I just used debcadovius.com.
- Pick a hosting company to purchase. (Settle down, it’s not that expensive). I chose Bluehost because of their reputation and services they offer (They start at $3.95 per month). I’ve been quite happy with them!
- Design your site to suit your needs. A shop. A blog. Anything you can dream up.
- Start brainstorming all of the things you either want to share, write about, create tutorials, sell your items and much more!
- Welcome to the world of blogging!!
- DEFINITELY check out my close friend Heather’s Blogging Courses if you’re ready to take it up a notch. Her classes have taught me %75 of the knowledge I now have in the blogging world. Her classes are invaluable! Go check them out, especially if you’re looking to make some income!
Don’t let fear of failing stop you from doing something you’ve always dreamed of. Go for it! Start a blog and share your knowledge and passions with the world!
***This post contains affiliate links.***