If you or someone you care about has ever adopted or is in the process, you’ve probably heard how expensive it can be. It’s astronomical. It’s the NUMBER 1 reason why people do not adopt and my goal is to change that. First of all, I believe God can move mountains and work miracles to bring children home to their forever families (He sure did for us). I also know it often calls for work on our parts. Money should NEVER be the reason a child doesn’t have loving parents.
With social media so huge now, fundraising for adoptions has a larger audience but we always need fresh ideas. Well here are 10 of mine. Feel free to post this on FB, pin to Pinterest and share with your adopting friends. These families need all the help they can get!
- T shirts. Selling t shirts with a catchy slogan on them is HUGE right now. This company would be a great one to try and there are MANY others.
- Community/church garage sale. Adam and I did this one and were so touched by the outcome! We raised a LOT with this idea. Have everyone bring their stuff to a central location and once the day is over, ALL the sales go to the family for the adoption costs. You can add baked goods and a side car wash to this, too.
- Puzzle Piece Fundraiser: Donators purchase a piece of the puzzle and then write their name on the back. Once it’s complete, it’s framed in glass and will forever tie the donors with the child. It’s very community friendly!
- 100 Squares: This is done ALL online. You make a chart with 100 tiny squares and number them. People message under it and say “I want square number “37” and then pay the family $37 through PayPal. Once the chart is full of donors, it’ll raise more than $5,000!!! I’ve seen this personally and it can be done in 2 weeks flat!
- Dessert Auction: Have donors make desserts. Bring them to a central location like a school or church. Invite the masses. Spread the word through media. People bid on desserts like any silent auction. All the proceeds are for the adoptive family.
- Business Silent Auction: Like above, have local businesses donate items from their shops (they get free advertising), and auction them off.
- Chili or BBQ Cookoff: The cooks pay a small fee to enter their creation into the contest. The adoptive parents are the judges. INVITE EVERYONE.
- Bike or Running Race: The entrants pay a fee and local businesses donate prizes to winners.
- Dance-Off: Host a dance-a-thon and challenge participants to dance for as long as they can! Supporters can also request songs for $5. Last one standing receives a prize.
- Craft Sale: Crafters pay the fee and it’s a great chance for their items to get free publicity. Add baked goods to keep customers there longer. And who doesn’t love food while shopping?!
There are many others found online but these are my absolute favorites!! Got any ideas? Post them below!